I am now a professor at College of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC).
I joined UESTC in 2015 right after I got my PhD degree in College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University (ZJU).
I received my BS Degree in School of Electronic and Information Engineering from Xi'an Jiaotong University (XJTU) in 2010.
My research interests include wireless and mobile computing, low power and networked systems, edge computing, AIoT, future networks, etc.
My research pursuit is to break the border between network and computing, and empower anywhere, anytime and device-free apps for smart life.
I am a member of CCF, ACM and IEEE, and also a big fan of football and Dota.
To date I have published 60+ peer-reviewed papers on reputable conferences and journals in the areas of edge computing and IoT. Check my full list at Google scholar
and our code on github
(edge simulation, offloading, low-power protocols, data traces, etc.).
- [ToN] Z. Zhao, W. Mao, G. Min, W. Gao, Joint Multichannel-Spatial Diversity for Efficient Opportunistic Routing in Low-power Wireless Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2022.
- [TMC] Z. Zhao, W. Gao, W. Du, G. Min, W. Mao and M. Singhal, Towards Energy-Fairness in LoRa Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2022.
- [Book] 边缘计算：原理、技术与实践，机械工业出版社，2021. (配套资料, 京东).
- [TII] W. Gao, Z. Zhao*, G. Min, Q. Ni and Y. Jiang, Resource Allocation for Latency-aware Federated Learning in Industrial Internet-of-Things, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2021.
- [TMC] W. Miao, G. Min, X. Zhang, Z. Zhao and J. Hu, Performance Modelling and Quantitative Analysis of Vehicular Edge Computing with Bursty Task Arrivals, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2021.
- [TII] W. Mao, Z. Zhao*, Z. Chang, G. Min and W. Gao, Energy Efficient Industrial Internet of Things: Overview and Open issues, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2021.
- [IoTJ] R. Cong, Z. Zhao*, G. Min, C. Feng and Y. Jiang, EdgeGO: A Mobile Resource-sharing Framework for 6G Edge Computing in Massive IoT Systems, IEEE Internet-of-Things Journal, 2021
- [ToN] Z. Zhao, G. Min, W. Dong, X. Liu, W. Gao, T. Gu, M. Yang, Exploiting Link Diversity for Performance-aware and Repeatable Simulation in Low-power Wireless Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2020.
- [TITS] Z. Yu, J. Hu, G. Min, Z. Zhao, W. Miao, M. Houssain, Mobility-aware Proactive Edge Caching for Connected Vehicles Using Federated Learning, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2020.
- [ICNP] W. Gao, Z. Zhao* and G. Min, AdapLoRa: Resource Adaptation for Maximizing Network Lifetime in LoRa networks, IEEE ICNP 2020.
- [TII] W. Gao, Z. Zhao*, Z. Yu*, G. Min, M. Yang and W. Huang, Edge Computing based Channel Allocation for Deadline-driven IoT Networks, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2020.
- [ICDCS] W. Gao, W. Du, Z. Zhao, G. Min and M. Singhal, Towards Energy-Fairness in LoRa Networks, IEEE ICDCS, 2019.
- [IoTJ] C. Shu, Z. Zhao*, Y. Han, G. Min and H. Duan, Multi-User Offloading for Edge Computing Networks: A Dependency-Aware and Latency-Optimal Approach, IEEE Internet-of-Things Journal, 2019.
- [COMST] J. Sundaram, W. Du, and Z. Zhao. "A Survey on LoRa Networking: Research Problems, Current Solutions and Open Issues." IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 2019.
- [TCSS] C. Shu, Z. Zhao*, G. Min and S. Chen, Mobile Edge Aided Data Dissemination for Wireless Healthcare Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, 2019.
- [JSAC] W. Miao, G. Min, Y. Wu, H. Huang, Z. Zhao, H. Wang and C. Luo, Stochastic Performance Analysis of Network Function Virtualisation in Future Internet, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2019.
- [INFOCOM] Z. Zhao, W. Dong, G. Min, G. Chen, T. Gu and J. Bu, Towards Repeatable Wireless Network Simulation Using Performance Aware Markov Model, IEEE INFOCOM, 2018.
- [TMC] G. Chen, W. Dong, Z. Zhao, T. Gu, Accurate Corruption Estimation in ZigBee Under Cross-Technology Interference, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018.
- [中国科学：信息科学] 尹浩,郭东超,吕勇强,杨鹏,赵志为,张尧学, 主动防御的双结构网络, 中国科学：信息科学, 2018.
- [TMC] Z. Zhao, W. Dong, G. Chen, G. Min, T. Gu and J. Bu, Embracing Corruption Burstiness: Fast Error Recovery for ZigBee under Wi-Fi Interference, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2017.
- [ToN] Z. Zhao, W. Dong, J. Bu, T. Gu and G. Min, Accurate and Generic Sender Selection for Bulk Data Dissemination in Low-Power Wireless Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2017.
- [INFOCOM] Z. Zhao, W. Dong, G. Guan, J. Bu, T. Gu and C. Chen, Modeling Link Correlation in Low Power Wireless Networks, IEEE INFOCOM, 2015.
- [TIE] Z. Zhao, W. Dong, J. Bu, Y. Gu and C. Chen, Link Correlation Aware Data Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2015.
- [TPDS] W. Dong, Y. Liu, Z. Zhao, X. Liu, C. Chen, and J. Bu, Link Quality Aware Code Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2014.
- [TC] W. Dong, Y. Liu, C. Chen, J. Bu, C. Huang, and Z. Zhao, R2: Incremental Reprogramming using Relocatable Code in Networked Embedded Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2013.
- Research on IPv6 Cyberspace Management, National Key Research and Development Program of China.
- Study on Edge Computing for Urban Internet-of-Things, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
- QoE Optimization for Network Virtualization in Edge Computing, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
- Research on Crowd Intelligence, National Key Research and Development Program of China.
- Study on Task Offloading in Low-power Edge-IoT Systems, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (First Class).
- Data Collection and Pre-Processing in Low-power and Heterogeneous Smart Healthcare Systems, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities.
- Study on wireless link correlation: Modeling, Measurement and Applications, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
- Event-based Code Diagnosis for Networked Embedded Systems, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
- Study on wireless dissemination protocols based on link correlation, Open research fundings of key laboratory of Zhejiang Province.
- Software update for networked embedded systems, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Reprogramming protocols and modeling in wireless sensor networks, Special Foundation for Doctor Stations.
- Security and privacy on wireless sensor networks and internet of things, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
[Graduate program] Advanced Network Computing.
[Undergraduate program] Academic Research: Principles and Writing
[LiRen program] Experimental Development: HTML5 Web Apps.
[Undergraduate program] Recent Advances in Future Mobile Internet.
Program chair: IEEE ISCC 2017.
Publication chair: IEEE IUCC 2021, IEEE ISPA 202, IEEE HPCC 2018.
TPC: IEEE ICC 2023, IEEE ICPADS 2022, IEEE SmartCity 2022, CCF CWSN 2022, IEEE ICPADS 2022, IEEE EDGE 2022, IEEE ICC 2021, IEEE CoWireless 2019, IEEE ICCCN 2019, ACM EWSN 2019, IEEE EWSN 2020, IEEE CSS 2017, IEEE DependSys 2017.
Guest Editor: Electronics, IEEE OJ-COMS, Frontiers in Communications and Networks, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience.
Editorial board member: International Journal on AdHoc Networking Systems.
Workshop chair: The 2017 International Symposium on Advanced Topics in Computing Technology and Applications, The 2nd International Workshop on Mobile Social Networking and Computing (MSNCom-2017), The 4th International Workshop on Multi-access Edge Computing and Networking (MECN-2019).
Review: IEEE/ACM ToN, IEEE TMC, IEEE JSAC, IEEE TPDS, IEEE TC, IEEE TIE/TII, etc.